About Personal Trust:
Personal Trust is a client-focused Trust and Investment Management company providing financial planning and investment advice and services to clients planning for, or already in their retirement years.
Personal Trust offers a full range of financial services including: Investment & Portfolio Management, Offshore Financial Services, Trustee Services, Retirement Planning, Local & Offshore Money Market, Estate Planning, Tax Services and Wills.
About the job:
This vacancy is in the Fiduciary services team, at our offices in Rondebosch. This role is responsible for individual income tax, Estates- and related tax compliance support for the Estates team. Role is ideally suited to applicants with previous income tax computation experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in this area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Completion of return of income, including submission of return to receiver, and calculations of tax payments and ensuring execution of same
- Timeous data capture of all relevant data on tax management and accounting tools
- Check assessments and follow-up on errors
- Raise objections to assessments, and attend to enquiries raised by SARS
- Request and remit payments and attend to client refunds from SARS
- Provide an advisory service w.r.t. tax matters in relations to Estates, as well as income tax for individuals
- Liaison with internal and external clients, as needed
- Internal client liaison: timeous response to attending to and resolving all queries; regular and ongoing feedback relating to progress and confirmation of finalisation of matters to internal
Key requirements for applicants:
- Previous experience in similar function a requirement, with proven track record (5 or more years)
- Experience in income tax for individuals, including for provisional tax payers
- Matric a requirement, preferably with accounting a matric level, or booking keeping /accounting diploma
- Computer literacy (intermediate): MS Office suite and excel at an intermediate level
- Ability to work independently, Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills